The best way to increase your domain authority is to improve the overall SEO of your website. Don’t forget to get as many links as possible from other well-linked pages. Listed below are some best practices that will help you improve your domain authority:
Gain high-quality links
The importance of backlinks in calculating domain authority is well known. Moreover, backlinks are considered one of the two most important factors in ranking a site.
According to a study, 55.24 percent of websites do not receive organic traffic due to the lack of backlinks. In light of this, it is safe to conclude that high-quality backlinks are necessary. The best way to strengthen your link profile is to get backlinks.
The best place to start is by looking at your top referral sources and then finding similar sites. You can also conduct ethical competitor research, review their backlink sources, and then attempt to acquire backlinks from the same websites.
Guest posting is another effective method of obtaining links from high-quality websites.
Check your site for bad links
Having good inbound links can boost your DA and ranking, but bad ones can do more harm than good. You can lose your domain authority if your links come from spammy websites. Even Google can penalize you for it in some cases.
Performing a site audit and removing any toxic links immediately can help you avoid this. You can use different search engine optimization tools to remove harmful links from your website.
Optimize On-page SEO
It is fairly easy to incorporate such concepts into our content as we move from keyword placement to professionally targeted techniques.
- The first thing you need to do is do keyword research. The goal is to link your content with the keywords people type in the search box.
- In addition, do not overuse keywords in your content. It is not necessary to add keywords and synonyms to your entire content.
- In contrast, keyword density is very important. Make sure you keep your keyword density under 1% before going live. The best way to do this is to use a keyword density checker.
- It is important to spend some time exploring your topic and thinking about it from their perspective.
- Make sure your content is error-free in terms of grammar. Generally, bloggers believe that publishing content in an improper manner without proofreading is acceptable. Please ensure that this is not the case with your blog. Ensure that your grammar is correct and that your writing is proofread. Using a grammar checker is a good alternative if you are unable to do it manually. You can even use an AI article writer to create blogs effortlessly with the help of AI.
- Think of an original idea. It is of the utmost importance that the article is unique. In most cases, bloggers are interested in writing or finding highly related articles on other blogs.
Establish a social media presence
Moz addresses the issue of retweets and social sharing. You should consider any link appearing on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google Business Profile as an authority link. This link is beneficial for improving your domain authority.
Register domains for Extended Periods
It is one of the easiest ways to influence your domain’s ranking. An important factor in establishing a successful website is the number of days until it expires. These long-lasting websites indicate to search engines that they are trustworthy.
Thus, extending your domain for the next three to four years is in your best interest. You will only have to spend a few more dollars, but in the long run, you will benefit from it.