This documentation shows how you can connect your Gmail account in ReviewGrower.
Step 1: Enable IMAP in Gmail
Log in to Gmail and click on the cog icon at the top-right, then click See All Settings. Then, go to Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab. On the section IMAP Access click Enable IMAP.
Step 2: Edit Google Security Settings
For the app to be able to access and connect to your email, you will need to give it permission. To do this, go to this link. On that page, here are the things you need to make sure are enabled/disabled:
- User Your Phone To Sign In needs to be DISABLED
- 2-Step Verification needs to be DISABLED
- Less Secure Apps Access needs to be ENABLED
- Allow Display Unlock Captcha access. Go to this link and click Continue. If necessary, enter the letters in the distorted picture.
Step 3: Connect Your Email Account In The App
Log in to ReviewGrower and then go to Agency Settings > Integrations. You’ll see the Email Settings section there. All you need to do is fill it out:
A Few Important Notes:
- If after clicking SAVE you get an SMTP invalid error in the app, check your inbox. You may have received a Critical Security Alert email from Google. All you have to do is open the email, click the Check Activity button, and then choose Yes, it was me from the options.
- Settings for other email providers should be the same, only a couple of things will change, namely, the SMTP Host (for yahoo, it’s smtp.yahoo.com, for hotmail it’s smtp.hotmail.com, etc), and the security settings changes (you can get more information from your email provider’s support team). Port and SSL/TLS remain the same across providers.
- If you still get an error even after the steps above, please contact our support team: email@example.com